What is an Urgent Care?
Check in online or walk in and our medical team is ready to take care of the needs of you and your family. No need to spend hours in an emergency room waiting room waiting to get care. We value your time. We aim to get you in, evaluated and treated within an hour so you can spend more time doing what you want or need to be doing. Start your return to health by absorbing the serene, relaxing atmosphere created in our waiting room where our professional staff will welcome you and begin assessing your medical needs.
MedFirst Urgent Care offers another alternative. We provide professional, quality medical services in a fraction of the time… at a fraction of the cost of an emergency room visit. Our goal is to practice the best medicine in a faster and less expensive way. Our family-owned urgent care center offers all the benefits of emergency room care for non-emergency conditions without the inconveniences. It’s trusted walk-in care when you need it. Tap into the unique skills and experiences of our highly skilled medical providers.
For your convenience, MedFirst Urgent Care offers a wide range of services including a variety of on-site diagnostic and screening services.
Examples of some conditions we commonly evaluate include:
- Sore throats
- Ear infections
- Poison ivy
- Minor skin infections and burns
- Laceration repair and wound care
- Fractures and athletic injuries
- Most gymnastic, skiing, soccer, baseball or other sports injuries
- Respiratory illnesses
- Mild stomachaches
- Minor eye problems and nose bleeds
- Gynecologic and urinary problems
- Sprains, strains or minor broken bones (no compound fractures)
- Earaches, sinusitis, strep throat
- Coughs, colds, fevers
- Respiratory illness or flare up of chronic conditions
- School or work physicals
- Sports medicine for injuries
- Occupational medicine and workers’ compensation
- And much more…
If you require removal of stitches, wound checkup, splint removal or other similar follow-up work, Med First Urgent Care also provides that service. If you need a follow-up with an orthopedic professional or other specialty, we will offer suggestions to best meet your specific needs.
We also perform a number of procedures on site, including:
- Basic laboratory testing (Strep, Mono, Pregnancy, Flu, etc)
- Laceration repair (stitches, staples and glue)
- Fracture care and splinting
- Breathing treatments
- Pulmonary Function Testing and Spirometry
- Antibiotic injections
- IV hydration
Please note: Any accident or illness that may lead to loss of life or limb, serious medical complications or permanent disability should be evaluated in the emergency department of a local hospital. If we determine you need immediate evaluation at a hospital, we will make arrangements for transportation.
Some examples of conditions that might require evaluation at a hospital Emergency Department include:
- Chest pain
- Severe difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
- Sudden dizziness, loss of coordination or balance
- Numbness or weakness in the face, arm or leg
- Difficulty speaking
- Sudden blurred vision
- Loss of consciousness
- Severe abdominal pain
- Sudden, severe headache
- Coughing up or vomiting blood
- Severe burns
- Deep cuts or bleeding that won’t stop
- Fractures with bone showing
- And more…